Thursday, June 26, 2014

Swallowtail Meets Work Of Art

I've totally got a "thing" for butterflies.  Anyone who has known me for any length of time will tell you it's almost an obsession.  I've even got myself a couple butterfly tattoos :)  When the Swallowtail stamp came out, I knew I had to have it.  I've done a lot of different things with it but I think this has to be my favorite.

Jan Tink is a super successful and amazingly talented Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I love to stalk her blog.  She posted a very similar card and I knew I had to take a shot at recreating it. It uses the Work of Art stamp set to color the butterfly.  I used Gorgeous Grunge to take up the white space.  I AM IN LOVE!  We're making this card in Sunday's Work of Art Stamp-A-Stack.  I still have some available spots if you'd like to come!

Randomly, I took this photo in my stamp room.  Notice how the card base sort of blends in with the wall?  I took a sheet of Wisteria Wonder cardstock to Home Depot and said, "This color, please."  Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: