Monday, June 9, 2014

Larger Than Life 4U


I've been working on a card for a new catalog stamp set swap that I joined this week.  I decided to choose a stamp set that might be a bit more unexpected as a feature stamp set.  I chose Larger Than Life Alphabet & Numbers.  Unless you're working with a scrapbook or doing some kind of personalized project, you're likely not thinking about using an alphabet set as your featured stamp...at least I don't!
I chose this alphabet because I think it's really unique.  The letters are large, about 1 1/2". I also think it's a great way to show card makers and scrapbookers how an alphabet set isn't just for titles on a page but can also be incorporated into card making.
This particular card uses the Triple Stamping or Layered Stamping technique (one of my favs) with a collage of Everything Eleanor.  My colors are Night of Navy, Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant and Pool Party.  While I really do like this card (it'll make its way into a stamp-a-stack soon), I don't think the alphabet stamp set qualifies as the "feature".  I'm going back to the drawing board.
What do you think? Are there other ways to incorporate an alphabet set into your everyday stamping?

No comments: