Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Froggie gets some friends

Remember my little froggies?  Well, I finally got around to putting them on cards!  I have a hostess club meeting tomorrow night.  We have a card swap each month and this little guy is my February offering. I made a dozen of these cards which got my fingers a bit inky but I think they were totally worth it.

The background of the card is brayered and inked on Glossy White cardstock. I enjoy brayering on glossy at times because it can be a little more forgiving than just using Whisper White.  I wanted to be able to blend my colors a little more and I find that the glossy cardstock helps me do that.

The water is brayerd with Marina Mist and Tempting Turquoise with the water on the horizon being sponged Tempting Turquoise.  The sky was created by sponging on Bashful Blue with Marina Mist layered on the top.  The lily pad was sponged on using a large heart mat punched out of a sticky note with Always Artichoke and a Garden Green edge.

I say this everytime I brayer a background...I really need to get my brayer out more often! I hope you enjoy my little friends as much as I do :)

No comments: