Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's amazing what a little ink can do

Today was a great day.  I spent all day with some great stampin friends at our Punch Me Out, Valentine class. It was really a great time and well worth the time it took to punch ALL those little pieces, right girls?? I just love punch art and best of all...we're all ready for Valentines' Day now!  YEAH

I didn't really have an opportunity to make any fun punch creatures during the class. So this evening, while I was hanging out with my puppies relaxing to some Food Network, I decided to whip up a few little froggies.  After I finished the sample, it occurred to me that I should share the before and after because WOW...what a big difference a little bit of ink makes!

So first of all, this frog is super simple.  The punches I used were the wide oval (body), large oval (legs, head, belly), 3/4"circle (eye), 1/2" circle (eye), Punch Pack circle (eye), and one of the flowers from Boho Blossoms (feet).  The colors I used are Lucky Limeaid and Always Artichoke for the belly but I really think this little fella would look cute in just about any color.

But really check out the difference between the sample and the final product.  Holy wow!  What made all the difference with the finished product was a little bit of ink.  I used a sponge to add color around the edges of all the punches.  This really makes the individual pieces stand out.  Add a little smile and a sparkle to his eyes and voila!  Done.  You can hardly tell this is the same frog!

I know I often find myself pressed for time and I don't always take the time to add simple details.  But here, you can really see the difference some inked edges make.  So go ahead, add a little ink to your edges!

No comments: