Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I {{Heart}} You

I just wrapped up another fun Korner Klub meeting.  I really look forward to these days.  I love stamping with friends, new and old.  It just seems to wash all the cares of my crazy day away when I spend a couple hours with some of my favorite stampin' friends :)

Aside from getting a selection of fabulous Stampin' Up! merchandise, one of the benefits of coming to Korner Klub is that we make two quick and easy projects that are easy to duplicate and fun to create.  Tonight, we used the new Hearts Framelets Dies in the Occasions mini catalog along with some Twitterpatted Designer Fabric to create a sweet little magnet.

Project tip - when working with Designer Frabric on a paper crafted project, I've personally found that backing the fabric with a piece of cardstock allows me to treat the fabric piece a lot like a really thick sheet of DSP.  Our Big Shot Multi Purpose Adhesive sheets work GREAT for this.  Simply cover a piece of cardstock with the adhesive sheet first then place it on the back side of the fabric.  Trim off the excess and go to town.  You can run it through your Big Shot dies without any worry.

Materials used for this project - Unless otherwise noted, all materials are Stampin' Up!

Cardstock - Ridinghood Red, Confetti White, Whisper White
Fabric - Twitterpatted Designer Fabric
Accessories - Big Shot Heart Framelet Dies, Fun Flowers Bigz Large Die, Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Stampin Dimensionals, Flower Designer Brads, Magnet (not SU)

No comments: