Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

We had an amazing weekend at my VFW post.  We threw a murder mystery dinner party on Saturday and had a absolute blast.  Our theme was 1857 Mardi Gras complete with party goers and pirates.  A lot of work went into making this dinner a success and it really turned out beautifully.  The photo to the right is our amazing cast of characters.  I'm the one all the way to the right in the beaded head dress.  I got to play the role of the narrator for the event, guiding everyone through the story.  And I'll have to say, the Goodwill store and area resale shops really made out well with our little adventure. I found a couple new shops  that I'm excited to go back and do a bit of real shopping at some of these stores we found...but not until March, of course!

I had to thank all of the awesome volunteers who made this party such a smashing success.  I pulled out Artistic Etchings.  The crown reminded me of the Mardi Gras king.  Colors used in these cards are Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, and Elegant Eggplant.

I created the background by stamping off twice before hitting the Whisper White card stock.  I wanted to be able to see the colors but not have it as dark as the frame.  Stamping off is a great, easy technique that makes a nice background.

Pretty simple card.  I really enjoyed making them.  Now, I just need to sign them and get them in the mail.  I think that will be my goal for tonight.  Enjoy!!

No comments: