Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gorgeous Grunge in the Flower Patch

Every Saturday morning I meet one of my best girlfriends at our local farmers' market.  Our first stop every week is to the flower stand. (Actually, it's like stop 1.5 since we browse the beautiful fresh flowers as we wait for our coffee.)  There is something very calming about having fresh flowers in my living room each week. I don't know just what it is but if I miss a week of the market, I feel a little incomplete.

My last visit to the market flower patch inspired me to make the card from our very own Stampin' Up! Flower Patch. This is a new photopolymer stamp set being offered in the 2014-2015 Idea Book & Catalog.  It's a great 2-step stamp set, meaning, you stamp image over image (over image) to create multi colored, dimensional flowers.  The clear photopolymer stamps make it super easy to perfectly place your images without having to use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig or other positioning tool.

Flower Patch also has a set of matching Framelits so you can cut out each of the flower pieces with ease (if that's your thing) and create lovely, layered flower images.

A couple things I did with this card that I think is pretty cool.  If you blow up the photo, you'll see that each flower has a matching rhinestone center. Stampin' Up! doesn't carry colored rhinestones. We do, however carry Stampin' Blendabilities which color our rhinestones beautifully! Simple, easy, matching accessories are in the house!  I'm teaching you this and 11 other cool Blendabilities techniques in August. Did you see my blog post?

Another addition on this card was Gorgeous Grunge.  I just can't leave well enough alone. The white space just wasn't doing it for me so, I got rid of it in an awesome way! I think Gorgeous Grunge has a place on just about every card, a little or a lot. It's just FUN!

Go out and visit your own local flower patch. I hope this card has inspired you to also play with your Flower Patch!!  Happy stampin'! Product List

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I like the flower!