Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lotus Blossom meets my brayer


If you've been on Pinterest at all in the Stampin' Up! world over the last month, you've seen the Lotus Blossom EVERYWHERE! Talk about a popular stamp set. It's beautiful. There are so many great ways to combine color and texture. I've seen really beautiful cards made from this set.

I wanted to get my inspiration for this card somewhere other than good ol Pinterest. Sometimes I feel like there isn't an original idea in my own head when I spend hour after hour cruising that beautiful idea site. Instead, I turned to Google. I googled "lotus blossom" and clicked on Images. I think the best Inspiration truly does come from nature. First thing I noticed, lotus blossoms float. I need water. Second thing I noticed, lots of pinks and purple. Bring on Wisteria Wonder! Since I've got a Brayer Basics class on the horizon I might have found just the right bit of inspiration for this project.

I will be using this card as one of my class projects. It is a fun way to show how to blend similar colors to create a lovely graded background and highlights. It also incorporates a couple fun techniques that I think make this card stand out. Learning how to use your brayer makes this a relatively quick card for as detailed as it looks, too. I made a dozen of these as a swap with my stamp club in under 3 hours. What is that, 15 minutes a card? Not bad :-)

Visit my Meetup group at www.meetup.com/kellistamps4u and register for Brayer Basics. You will learn how to make this card and others using that magic rubber roller that takes your card making to a whole new level. Want your own Lotus Blossom stamp set? Make a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration and choose it as your free stamp set. That's the only way to get it. When SAB is over, it's got forever!

No comments: